Create New and Update Existing buttons not available in Save Login popup in Chrome on Mac?

trile58
trile58
Community Member

I don't see both Create New and Update Existing buttons in Save Login popup in Chrome on Mac?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:update existing button

Comments

• Hi @trile58,

Thanks for writing in. Do you think you could get us a screenshot of what you're seeing so that we can best figure out what could be going on? If you aren't sure how to take a screenshot of what you're seeing, Apple has instructions on how to do so here:
    https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201361

If you could post that image here (assuming it contains no sensitive information!), we should be able to see what's going on.

Thanks

Rick

• trile58
    trile58
    Community Member

The following two screens I've seen depend on what website you are in. As you can see one has Create New and Update Existing buttons and the other doesn't. One of my login requires two different screens, one for user name and the other for password and I found instructions how to do by using the Update Existing button but the one popup is the one does not have the button. Any ideas?

• @trile58,

You'll see the Create New/Update Existing if we detect that you already have an item for that particular site. If you have no items at all for a site you'll see the second window, since there isn't a login item to update.

Rudy

• trile58
    trile58
    Community Member

I ran into a problem with my bank login site and got stuck. The site has two different url for 'username' and 'password' on two different screens. I believe that was why the Create New/Update Existing not appeared. Please advice how to handle this scenario.
    Tri Le

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @trile58,

If the username and password fields are on separate pages, you should be able to save a Login item by following the steps here: Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

Let us know how that goes and if you need more help. :)

This discussion has been closed.