How best to create an archive vault for old items?

Options
KG6BGJ
KG6BGJ
Community Member

I'm primarily an iOS user syncing over iCloud. I'm interested in creating a second vault to hold an archive of old items. What the best way to do this?

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Archive

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @KG6BGJ

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

What other platforms are you using 1Password on? Do you have the Pro features for 1Password for iOS? 1Password for iOS cannot create additional vaults itself. If you have the Pro features then it can access additional vaults created on another platform that are synced to it. But unfortunately the other snag you're going to run into is that iCloud can only sync one 1Password vault. So you'd need to use a different sync method for the archive vault, and as such it may make sense to also change the sync method for the Primary vault.

Another option would be to migrate to a 1Password.com subscription account. With that option the Pro features for iOS are included, and vaults can be created from our web interface.

Ben

• KG6BGJ
    KG6BGJ
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @Ben. Thanks for the info.

Yes, Im a longtime user and have pro features. Bummer about the inability to sync more that one vault on iCloud. AgileBits has proven themselves to be a reputable company over many years, but I'm trying to keep my system on as few clouds as possible. For that reason 1Password.com is not an option. Sounds like I'm out of luck. I'll just have to delete and hope for the best.

• Hey there @KG6BGJ. Sorry we weren't able to provide you with the answer you wanted here. You know, if you moved to a 1Password.com account you'd technically just be replacing iCloud with 1Password.com, so the number of places you're keeping your your information online would remain constant. :chuffed:

All kidding aside, while your information is perfectly safe in iCloud we've upped the security of 1Password.com accounts over that by a wide margin with the use of a "Secret Key" that is used to encrypt your information. Your stuff on 1Password.com is as safe there as it is in your pocket. If you're interested you should check out the security section of our site: https://1password.com/security/

Regardless, if there's anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to ask!

• KG6BGJ
    KG6BGJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MrRooni

There's a privacy and security component to the decision for sure, but also a simple matter of too many ToS agreements and privacy policies to keep up with. I've reigned in my workflow to a single provider in terms of storage. Lots of love for AgileBits though

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! :chuffed:

• Cheers @KG6BGJ, I completely understand the desire to simplify, simplify, simplify. Even though we couldn't find a solution to this particular issue, we'll continue to be here if you need us in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.