bug: When 1password window is minimized it deceptively shows as locked in dock

ujeenator
ujeenator
Community Member
  1. Unlock your 1password app

2. Press minimize button, now 1password window appear in bottom right corner as locked

3. Surely, its locked. And maybe my family member will think that he can safely leave his mac opened

4. But if we click on 1password window in dock, it will maximize as unlocked, without requiring master password

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.6.4 (664001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6 (15G1108)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ujeenator,

Thanks for writing in. This is actually a purposeful thing that the app does, though I think it could be done better. I would personally prefer it if what it showed in the dock icon didn't quite look like the lock screen and instead just obscured the details of the window. I think doing it this way would solve what you've reported here too. I agree with you that if the app shows as locked you should be able to trust that it's locked.

In this case, the "feature" is that we want to obscure the details that are in the window while minimized so that you can minimize the window while taking a screenshot of your desktop without worrying that sensitive information will leak.

I've filed a bug (OPM-4976) to address this and do better. As a user you should be able to trust that lock screen and this fails there. We should do better.

Rick

ref: OPM-4976

This discussion has been closed.