My update Version 6.5.4 is stuck trying to install on my iPhone. Help!

Options
mavarnee
mavarnee
Community Member

I have auto update on my iPhone 5, IOS version 10.2.1 (14D27). It began to install, then froze. I tried to update again and it can't. What do I do? If I delete it and reinstall will my passwords still be there??!!?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My update Version 6.5.4 is stuck trying to install on my iPhone. Help!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mavarnee,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

In most cases uninstalling and reinstalling the app will remove any of the app's data from the device, so I would not recommend that unless you've recently made a backup or are sure your data has been syncing.

Please try this:

1. Tap on the 1Password icon to pause the download (from the home screen, not from in the App Store).
    2. Reboot the iOS device (instructions)
    3. Go to the App Store and find the app and start the download again. Sometimes you have to search for the app by name since it’s not always in the Updates tab anymore at this point.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mavarnee
    mavarnee
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'd already stopped the download. I did as suggested. When I rebooted my app was missing - scared the heck out of me!! But I downloaded again and it came back with everything in it. Whew!! Another question: looking at my backups I checked my dropbox and it doesn't have any of my new backups. Any idea why?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mavarnee,

1Password for iOS does not back up automatically unless using a 1Password.com subscription account. You can find instructions for making a backup here:

1Password backups

Additionally if you'd like to sync your 1Password data you can find instructions for that here:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.