When I launch the 1password app I get a spinning ball on my Safari browser and my computer freezes.

hilmil
hilmil
Community Member

I'm unable to access anything for at least 2 minutes. It seems to be waiting for my programs to load as the problem resolves after about 2 minutes. What kind of "work" does 1Password do upon launching? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:opening 1password freezes imac computer

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hilmil,

I'm sorry you're running into a problem when trying to open 1Password! To make sure I understand, does this happen when you try to launch the main 1Password app on your Mac, or when you try to use the 1Password extension in Safari (or 1Password mini in your Mac's menu bar)? And does that happen when simply launching it, or when trying to unlock after you enter your master password? Once 1Password is open and unlocked, does it work correctly?

It will also help if you can let us know a few details about your setup:

Thanks in advance! :)

• hilmil
    hilmil
    Community Member

Thank you for responding Drew! The freeze occurred when I launched my 1Password 6 application. I was not able to enter my password. I am using version 6.6.4.
    My Mac is running El Capitan 10.11.6
    I am using the AgileBits Store Version
    I use the Safari extension 4.6.3 and I do have a 1Password.com account

Hope this helps!

• hilmil
    hilmil
    Community Member

Oh and once the spinning ball stopped, my curser returned and I was able to login and use 1Password without problems!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @hilmil! I'm not quite sure why that's happening, but I'd like you to try these steps to see if they help:

1. Open the main 1Password app, and once it responds, hold the control key on your keyboard and go to 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the menu bar.
    2. Go to the Applications folder and drag the 1Password 6.app file to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools, as they might accidentally delete your data).
    3. Empty the Trash.
    4. Reboot your Mac.
    5. After it restarts, download 1Password from our download site, then open the .pkg file to start the installation.
    6. Find the new 1Password 6.app file in the Applications folder and double-click on it.

Is there any difference, or is there still a long delay?

This discussion has been closed.