Using Safari, One Password Extension always popping up when not needed

traditionalhore
traditionalhore
Community Member

I have been using One Password without the browser extension for some time (stupid I know) I installed it but now every time I try to open a website; for example Facebook the One Password master password box opens (see image). I thought there'd be something in Preferences to stop this (I'm using Safari). I wish to do this because of course it's not necessary to open up all the time.
I hope this makes sense.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10/12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @traditionalhore,

That's strange, I'm not sure why that would keep opening. Does that happen as soon as you open a website, or only after doing something like signing into a website? If it happens every time you open a website, does it also happen every time you click a link within that site? If you click a link that opens a different site, does the same thing happen? Does the same thing happen with all websites, or just Facebook?

When that window appears, what happens if you unlock it? And once 1Password is already unlocked, does the 1Password mini/extension window pop up again when you go to another website?

• traditionalhore
    traditionalhore
    Community Member

Drew, I uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it, for now it seems to be ok.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @traditionalhore,

Glad to hear that uninstalling/reinstalling the extension was all it took to stop 1Password mini from overzealously popping up from the menu bar. If it starts happening again be sure to let us know. Cheers! :smile:

• traditionalhore
    traditionalhore
    Community Member

Sure will do, thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.