Master Password doesn't work for login to app

smello
smello
Community Member

I created a family account with a Master Password yesterday (much more secure than my login password). I thought that I would then use that password to get into my app on my husband's and my Mac, iPhone, iPad. Not true. My old login password still works and the Master Password doesn't work. It does work on the web site. I want the login to the app to be the same as the master password. Why isn't it?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:difference between login password and master password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smello,

Although you've signed up for a new 1Password.com account, the 1Password app on your Mac and iOS devices is still set up with the old vault & old master password. What you'll need to do is add your new account to the 1Password app, migrate your data from the old Primary vault to your new account vault, and then delete the old Primary vault. It's easier than it probably sounds, and we show you exactly what you need to do here: Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.