My master password isn't working in the desktop app but is working on the mobile app.

BrettBernstein
BrettBernstein
Community Member

Hi AgileBits,

I'm having trouble logging in with my master password in the desktop app [Version 6.6.4 (664001) AgileBits Store]. I know the password is correct as I am able to login with it on the mobile app. I sync through iCloud. This just started today.

Other stats ... MacBookPro (retina 15 inch) running OSX 10.12.4

Is there anything going on from your end that could be impacting this or is it local to me?

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Issues logging in

Comments

• mrochford
    mrochford
    Community Member

I have the same problem. I think a lot of apps are breaking with the latest update to macOS (10.12.4)

• BrettBernstein
    BrettBernstein
    Community Member

An update ... I rebooted my laptop and everything now works.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @BrettBernstein! I'm not sure why it wasn't working before, but I'm happy to hear that rebooting your Mac fixed it. If you need more help or have any questions, we're here for you! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mrochford,

I'm sorry to hear you're also having trouble with your master password! BrettBernstein was able to solve that by rebooting - have you tried that, and did it help?

If rebooting makes no difference, and you're sure you're entering the correct master password, please try the tips here: If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

Please let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.