All my passwords are duplicated, how can i merge vaults?

Adescalso
Adescalso
Community Member

I have 2 vaults Primary and 1password. It makes all the passwords duplicated. How can i merge them to have 1 and then have just that one sync on Dropbox. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.64
Extension Version: 6.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Double passords

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Adescalso,

Do you mean that all the items in the "1password" vault are duplicates of the items in the Primary vault? If so (and if the Primary vault is up to date with any recent changes you've made), you can simply delete the second vault from the 1Password app. Just open the main 1Password app, switch to the second vault (use the vault switcher in the top left corner of the app window) and go to 1Password > Delete [vault name] Vault... from the menu bar.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have any questions about that. :)

• jaemclaugh
    jaemclaugh
    Community Member

@Drew_AG I'm in a similar situation but I've 4 vaults because of my stupidity and syncing errors with Dropbox etc. i want to merge all 4 vaults into my new personal vault but I'm not 100% sure which vault is the most recent. I began to import vaults into my new personal vault and was then going to see could I merge the duplicates but not sure how too? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

• Hey @jaemclaugh! You can certainly check for some duplicates in 1Password for Mac to see what things look like. Click the menu below the search bar in the app, then click Show Duplicate Passwords. You can also try Show Websites with Multiple Items since you likely have just one Login item per website in most cases. Then you can move each item to the Trash or to your Personal vault. Once you're done, delete each extra vault by following the step Drew mentioned above and you'll be good to go :)

• jaemclaugh
    jaemclaugh
    Community Member

@Jacob Thanks for the quick response. I'm using 1Password on Windows, running v6.5.401d currently and don't see those options you mentioned above.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jaemclaugh: Ah, sorry for the confusion there! The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app we're building doesn't yet have all of the advanced features, but we're working on adding those over time. Do you have all of your data in a single place somewhere? It may be easiest to try again, taking care not to get things mixed up. If you'll let us know more about your setup we may be able to suggest something.

This discussion has been closed.