Migrating to new account

pgrogan
pgrogan
Community Member

I have a new account and am not seeing how to move the hundreds of passwords I have in my previous vault to the new account. How is this done? The video that is posted doesn't help, the options to migrate do not appear as shown in the video and it isn't obvious how to do this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

Hey there, @pgrogan !

Thanks for reaching out! :)

Congrats on your new account! If the option to automatically migrate your data does not appear, I would recommend following the instructions shown in this knowledgebase article: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ - I'm not sure if you have already seen this article, but if you have, which part of it did you get stuck on?

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• pgrogan
    pgrogan
    Community Member

What I've discovered is that since I have access to multiple vaults the prompt doesn't work. So I've learned how to move the items from my vaults to the new account vaults I'm setting up. Sorry to say I think your information posted about this is horrible. I've spent untold time working on this that I don't have. The movement to the account system you are now offering is not intuitive and not easy. And a huge time suck. While I think your software is fine and is valuable, not having a chat option for help and not having a phone option to call is lowering the value of what you offer.

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

@pgrogan First off, I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your items moved! Great job! :)

I completely understand your frustration with the support process, however, based on the size of our team, we are unable to offer phone support at this time. I would be happy to help in any way I can over the forums or e-mail, though!

• pgrogan
    pgrogan
    Community Member

Thank you, I've already emailed - twice - and not gotten any responses. I appreciate you being overwhelmed, but I also understand the frustration of the user.

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

@pgrogan Gotcha. I'm sorry to hear about the e-mail situation. Did you end up getting those issues resolved, or are you still awaiting a reply?

• pgrogan
    pgrogan
    Community Member

I've figured it out on my own, and to give agilebits credit it works. Not intuitive, but it works. So I'm stable and moving forward now, but licking the wounds. I've posted another query in the Accounts portion of the forum to see if we can get any credits for the multiple accounts we've purchased. Any help there would be greatly appreciated.

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear that, @pgrogan ! :)

This discussion has been closed.