Firefox 45.8.0 Extension Not Working

Options

Hello,

I tried installing both your stable and your beta versions of the Firefox 45.8.0 browser extension. For both versions, the extension installed successfully, the toolbar icon showed up, and all appeared to be working. However, when I would click on the toolbar icon for 1Password, a new tab would open to the following URL (onepassword4-extension://activate/Firefox) and then display an error stating: "The address was not understood. Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (onepassword4-extension) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension several times and rebooted the browser several times - both without success. I have confirmed that there are no proxy settings or configurations within Firefox.

Is there anything that can be done to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DaBomby,

Do you have the 1Password app installed on the system where the extension for Firefox isn't cooperating? And are you able to update to a newer version of Firefox (52.0.2 being the current stable release)?

• DaBomby
    DaBomby
    Community Member
    Options

I use the Firefox ESR version for stability purposes and will likely not move over to the fast release version. No, I do not have the Windows standalone app installed at this time. Is that required?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DaBomby,

No, I do not have the Windows standalone app installed at this time. Is that required?

It is. As my colleague @matthew_ag recently mentioned in another discussion:

The 1Password browser extension requires you install an app on your PC for it to work. Once you install the app, then it will associate itself with that onepassword4-extension protocol.

Please let us know if you need further help with this or anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.