"Go & Fill" not working after checking settings and reinstalling

Options

Using the Chrome extension, the website opens but the fields don't auto-fill. I've read all of the troubleshooting docs - is there anything else I can do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:"Go & Fill" not working

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mian,

Thanks for writing in - may I ask which website this isn't working for? Hopefully once I know I can help test this out myself and see if it'll work for me.

Additionally, it would be very important to know which version of 1Password you're using.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• mian
    mian
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be random which sites it works and doesn't work for (didn't work for Dreamhost earlier but is working now for example), and I'm using Version 6. It's also not prompting me to save passwords when I sign in to sites.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mian,

Hmm, that's strange - in my experience using 1Password, the most reliable way to create Logins is using Autosave - which is just our fancy name for when 1Password prompts you to save a new Login when you log into a website. If you've been creating your logins using this approach then you're doing great.

As for when you encounter a website that you can't fill on - we would love to hear about it. Sometimes creating a Login item might be a little less straight forward on some websites - banking and financial institutions are masters at creating websites that are difficult for password managers to fill. We can certainly help with this. You mentioned Dreamhost was causing problems previously but now seems fine - if you notice it breaking again do let us know.

If there's any particular website login filling issue you'd like us to take a look at we'd be very happy to help. Please do provide a website link to the web page you would like us to take a look at as it really helps us see what you see quickly.

Thanks again for taking the time to write into us here and of course you're very welcome to the community :chuffed:

Best regards,
    Matthew

• mian
    mian
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not getting the "Autosave" prompts either!

Everything works great on one computer (MacBook, newer) but not another (MacBook Pro, older).

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mian,

On your older Macbook Pro when you click on the 1Password browser extension button to make the 1Password Mini window appear, do you see a message that says something like "Trial expired. Click here to buy." or "Read-only mode. Click here to buy." at the top of the 1Password Mini window?

Best regards,
    Matthew

• mian
    mian
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, I'm not in trial mode.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey again @mian,

I think it would be best to take a look at a Diagnostics Report for your older Macbook Pro to continue the investigation. The following guide will show you how to create a Diagnostics Report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.