Enhance Wireless Router password item

Phillip Boushy
Phillip Boushy
Community Member

Current the Wireless Router item can store information about accessing the device to manage it and a single SSID (wifi network name).

I'd like to have the following modifications made to the wireless router item which I believe will greatly improve its use:
1) Main section that exists from the beginning should only contain the information about the base station (e.g. Internal IP address, username, password, remote access URL, attached storage)
2) A second section should exist automatically for a single SSID with the following fields: network name, wireless security, wireless network password (it should also support all the typical custom 1Password currently supports
3) A user should be able to add additional sections with all the same fields as item # 2.

With this functionality it would also allow network admins to store information about network switches, routers, etc. just by modifying the names. (example: I could create network sections that have a network name, VLAN ID, and IP Range.)

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: forum-search:Wireless Router

Comments

• Jables
    Jables
    Community Member

I agree that it shouldn't be called "Wireless Routers." I use it for networking in general.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jables and @Jables,

Thank you for the feedback & request for changes you'd like to see in the Wireless Routers category! I can't make any promises about if or when we'll make changes like that, but maybe it's something we can consider in the future.

Please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.