Had to reload iOS app. Can't login into my licensed account

Options
edteck
edteck
Community Member

I have a purchased iOS 1Password app. I had to delete the app from my iPhone. Now I am trying to login to my account and it only allows me to create a new 1Password.com account. What happened to old login option?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @edteck,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

If you scroll down on the welcome screen you'll see the option to sign into an existing 1Password.com account, or sync with iCloud, Dropbox, etc if you don't have a subscription account.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Thanks.

Ben

• edteck
    edteck
    Community Member
    Options

It's a bit confusing regarding what PW you need to enter. But I was finally able to successfully reconnect my standalone license to my new iPhone,

On another matter, I have been tempted to migrate my current 1Password account to the new membership model.

I just fear that if things go wrong, I’m sunk.

Is the migration fool proof? Is there any plan B if there are problems? (As a license holder I do not have Secret Key or emergency kit)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @edteck,

Glad to hear you were able to get set back up.

Part of the process of setting up an account is printing an Emergency Kit, which will have your Secret Key as well as all other information needed to login to your account.

The process is fairly fool proof in that you don't have to move any data, you can copy it. As such you don't need to ditch the current setup until you are satisfied that you've successfully migrated everything. Further information can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.