WLAN Sync DESTROYED many of my passwords

DoubleFelix
DoubleFelix
Community Member

After a lot of trouble trying to get my Android to sync with my Macbook over WLAN, I finally got it to sync, and it said "Uploaded 68 entries" or so.

However, it did not download any updates or passwords that were on my macbook.

Additionally, it DESTROYED the data within a large number of my saved passwords, simply replacing them with "Unnamed" empty entries!

I only noticed this after I manually updated the password in my Amazon login entry on my phone (which was what I was trying to sync originally), and triggered, a sync, and the Amazon login disappeared from my Macbook pro! The entry in my Favorites was replaced with an "Unnamed" entry with no password or other details.

I was able to restore my macbook's vault with a backup, but this is a monumentally horrible bug. Not only did WLAN now sync passwords, it ACTIVELY DESTROYED them.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• DoubleFelix
    DoubleFelix
    Community Member

This was after the sync.

• DoubleFelix
    DoubleFelix
    Community Member

This was before the sync (and before I favorited the Amazon login)

• DoubleFelix
    DoubleFelix
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

I've found that this bug is 100% reproducible if I restore my Macbook from a backup from a couple days ago and re-trigger a sync.

It says "Uploading 329 entries" when I do so, and converts 281 items on my Macbook into "Unnamed", but preserving the "last modified" timestamp and entry type.

• DoubleFelix
    DoubleFelix
    Community Member
  • DoubleFelix
    DoubleFelix
    Community Member

I've worked around this by deleting and reinstalling the app on my Android phone, but I'm now going to be incredibly paranoid about syncing my phone until this bug is addressed. PLEASE prioritize it.

I also have to go find and somehow restore the passwords which were entered on my phone which are now only stored in an exported vault file from my phone.

• oliverdunk
    edited April 2017

Hi There,

I appreciate the fact that you've reported this to us, and am looking forward to finding a solution.

As you've also contacted us over email, I think that it would be best for us to continue the conversation there. That way, we can collect important diagnostics information not intended to be shared publicly on the forum. I've already replied, and am looking forward to hearing back.

ref: MNB-28315-629

This discussion has been closed.