Unable to transfer license

gjr327
gjr327
Community Member

Attempted download of iPassword 6 from agileBits website. Would not install. Then saw on forum there is a problem and best to download from the Apple App Store. Did this but unable to import my license. Only option is to purchase a new license through the App Store. How do I resolve this?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @gjr327! Sorry about that. What happened when you tried to install 1Password from our website? Did you get an error or anything? Feel free to post the error here so we can help out with that. You will need the website version to apply your license since that's what the license is for, and the App Store is a separate system. You can switch back to the website version pretty quickly:

How to switch to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits website

If you run into trouble along the way, let us know and we'll be happy to help :)

• gary_richmond
    gary_richmond
    Community Member

This is a catch 22. I CAN'T install the Version 6 from your website. There is other discussions referring to this problem. I download the app from your site, perform the installation, restart, and the app is nowhere to be found. From the Apple Store, the app is there, opens but requires me to repurchase. I will stick with Version 4.

• @gary_richmond Ah, well let's take a closer look then. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.