My master password, which works on 1password.com and iPhone app, won't work on app for Mac

jfromholz
jfromholz
Community Member

I've used 1password for a while (and love it--thank you!), using it through 1password.com, the iPhone app, and the iPad app. I just downloaded the app for Mac and the browser extension, and neither of those will accept my master password. For the Mac app, I downloaded it, went to Finder then Applications, and opened 1password there. The screen that popped up asks only for my master password; that is, it didn't allow me to drag a window over a QR code on 1password.com.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud, I think
Referrer: forum-search:password won't work on newly installed app for Mac

Comments

• Hi @jfromholz! That's certainly a bit odd. Let's take a closer look at why it may be happening. Could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.