Fill partial passwords? [Use Large Type feature]

Options
g_kimbar
g_kimbar
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

My bank has this rather annoying policy of requesting from me an incomplete password.

I don't know if this increases my security because forces me to spell silently my password to not get confused :) I'm wondering if there is a possibility to get a feature in near future to deal with this kind of pages. Each field is a separate <input>, fortunately with ids such as PASSFIELD8. I don't want to provide any direct links to their login page as an example, not to generate any suspicious net traffic, but the pseudo-URL is "aliorbank dot pl"

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there, @g_kimbar, and welcome to the forums! Thanks for your post. This kind of thing comes up from time to time. I wrote a fairly detailed reply about this kind of practice a little over a year ago. Sorry to merely link you to another thread, but even these months later, I think it still holds up. I remain skeptical of this sort of practice from a security standpoint. I think the Large Type feature is going to be the most effective way to get through this ""security"" gauntlet. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.