Remove vault without deleting data

paulcdavey
paulcdavey
Community Member

Hi there,

I have access to a former employer's shared vault (non-Teams version), which resides on a shared Dropbox folder that's shared between my Dropbox and the Dropboxes of other employees. I'm still friendly with the business and I have access in case troubleshooting needs arise. Recently, I had to open their vault to answer a question, and the vault was added as a secondary vault. Now I want to remove this vault from my 1Password to keep extraneous information from popping up (for instance, I accidentally logged into their Amazon account this morning), but I can't figure out how – if I use the Delete Vault dialog, it seems like the vault data will be deleted from the shared folder and this change will propagate to the employees' computers as well. I know I can set my Primary as the default view, remove the shared vault from All Vaults, etc., but I'd prefer to remove the vault from the app entirely – in essence, I just want to get things back to how they were before I opened the other vault.

Thanks!
Paul

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Remove vault without deleting

Comments

• rudy
    edited April 2017

@paulcdavey,

You should be able to delete the vault in 1Password via that delete vault dialog. It won't actually touch the agilekeychain or opvault file that's in their dropbox folder. Then simply double click the agilekeychain/opvault file when you need to access that information and it will prompt you for the vault password and add itself back as a vault in 1Password.

Rudy

• paulcdavey
    paulcdavey
    Community Member

That worked, thanks! Maybe in a later update, the language in that dialog could be changed – with "all information stored in this vault will be destroyed", I'd assume that the underlying OPVault file would be permanently deleted.

• You're right, the text on this dialog could be improved. Thanks for the feedback.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.