I accidently added my private vault on my office computer...

RobinManger
RobinManger
Community Member

I have 1Password 6 both private and at my office coputers (Mac). After a problem with Exchange I had to create a new user and when I started 1Password I accidnetly added my private vault on my offuce computer. Now my private vault (on iCloud) is the Primary and the office vault (on dropbox) is the second. Is there a way to remove the private vault without erasing it from iCloud?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have recovered from a crash and opened 1Password and accidentally

Comments

• Meek
    edited April 2017

Hey @RobinManger,

Sure thing! Assuming your most updated info is in iCloud and Dropbox (for your personal and work vaults, respectively), all you need to do is start over on your Mac. This won't remove any of your data in iCloud or Dropbox - just the locally cached copy in 1Password for Mac.

You can then launch 1Password for Mac as if you were launching it for the first time, and choose where to locate your information. First, choose "Dropbox" and locate your work vault there - it will then become your Primary vault in 1Password for Mac. You can then add your personal vault as a secondary vault if you'd like, or not if you'd prefer to not have it on your work computer.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way!

• RobinManger
    RobinManger
    Community Member

I worked fine! Thanks.

• RobinManger
    RobinManger
    Community Member

Now my iMac has updated to Sierra 10.12.4 and when I start 1Password and type my password I get:

Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile.

So... What do I do now?

• Hey @RobinManger, glad to hear the first part worked, but I'm sorry to hear about the new trouble! Lets figure out what is going on.

First off, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can link it up to this discussion.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that ID here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

This discussion has been closed.