Repeatedly required to re-license the app (version 6.6.4 mac os x sierra)

rantler
rantler
Community Member

I recently changed computers and I find that I am repeatedly required to re-license 1Password. It often reverts to ReadOnly mode, and requires me to re-authorize the Google Chrome extension several times a day.

On my old machine I never had any trouble with the app at all. Curiously I was running the same version of the app and the same version of the operating system on the old machine. I copied all of the files from my home directory on the old machine, onto the new machine and with some minor non-repeating issues, I've gotten all of my old apps up and running. 1Password is proving to be a bit recalcitrant.

It's really disruptive to my work and I'm keen resolve the issue ASAP.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: OS X Sierra
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:reenter license

Comments

• rantler
    rantler
    Community Member

New behavior. Now whenever starting 1Password, it displays "Connecting to 1Password Mini" which just hangs and eventually times out with a failure.

• rantler
    rantler
    Community Member

I usually keep my personal applications installed in ~/Applications to keep the separate from the standard applications bundled with the operating system. It seems as though this new version of 1Password will only work successfully if it is installed in /Applications. Is this true? Is so, this rather surprising to me, given that Mac OS traditionally has allowed users to place their applications where ever on the filesystem they wish.

• rantler
    rantler
    Community Member

Double-clicking on the License file now opens in TextEdit instead of 1Password.

• @rantler,

It sounds like you're trying to use a License file with the Mac App Store version, which isn't going to work. You'll want to download and use the version from https://1Password.com/downloads to use your License file with 1Password. The Mac App Store version will only work if you had previously purchased from the Mac App Store (before it was a free download) or purchase the In App Purchase Standalone purchase. You can't use our license file with that version.

Rudy

• rantler
    rantler
    Community Member

Ah, thank you very much!. Downloading 1Password 6.6.4 from the agilebits website seems to have resolved the problems I was experiencing.

• @rantler,

That's great to hear, let us know if you have any other questions.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.