Trouble connecting to server

decthomas
decthomas
Community Member

Hi,

A message keeps randomly popping up saying "There was a problem connecting to the server XXX".
I was able to trace it down to 1Password and found the following entry in the Console.app every time the message pops up:

664001 [APP:(Secondary Thread 0x7fe4dbe5d500):] E securityScopedURLFromBookmarkData: | Unable to create URL from bookmark data (stale=NO): Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=65 "EHOSTUNREACH: No route to host" UserInfo={ServerVolumeURL=smb://xxx@xxx._smb._tcp.local/xxx}

664001 [APP:(Main Thread):] E securityScopedURLFromBookmarkData: | Unable to create URL from bookmark data (stale=NO): Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=65 "EHOSTUNREACH: No route to host" UserInfo={ServerVolumeURL=smb://xxx@xxx._smb._tcp.local/xxx}

The only solution so far has been to quit 1Password entirely which obviously isn't very convenient.
Since I'm abroad, I'm not actually able to connect to that home server.

Looking online, I found a thread with the same error but my situation is different: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68506/problem-connecting-to-server-time-capsule-53227d
I bought the 1Password through the Agilebits website.

Some side effects of this issue:

• I am unable to do a backup
  • I can't bring up the backup files by clicking "Show Files" although they're there in Finder.
  • Existing backups aren't being shown
  • The Sync tab sometimes doesn't show anything, it's just grey and empty
  • When the Sync tab does show the usual dropdown and I choose "Folder", it won't bring up a Finder window for me to select a Folder. After a couple of seconds, the error message will pop up again and the Sync option will default back to "None"
  • Password Mini freezes quite often

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Hey @decthomas! Sorry about that. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• decthomas
    decthomas
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob, I generated the report as requested and sent it via email.
    The support ID I got is #QXY-24947-978

Hoping for a quick fix here because the app keeps crashing on me and it's aggressively interrupting my workflow. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @decthomas,

Thanks for sending the email and posting the support ID. We'll continue this conversation through email so we're not getting support wires crossed between here and there. :)

ref: QXY-24947-978

This discussion has been closed.