Sierra 10.12.4 and Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile.

RobinManger
RobinManger
Community Member

My iMac updated to Sierra 10.12.4 and when I open 1password and type my password I get: Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile.

1Password Version: 6.6.4 (664002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Updated to Sierra 10.12.4 and when I start 1Password and type my password I get: Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hello @RobinManger

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. Could you please give us some more details about what's going on? What OS version did you have before? Did you do a clean install and you're trying to reinstall 1Password from scratch? Do you use 1Password in other devices too? Once we know these answers we'll have a better picture of what's going on and we'll be able to help you better :chuffed:

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get 1Password up and running for you in no time!

• RobinManger
    RobinManger
    Community Member

Hi,
    Automatic update from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4. - This last version was pushing for this "two factor security" on both computer and iphone - I updated this on my iPhone and home computer but not on my office computeras it didn't ask for it.
    As I use my office computer, home computer and iPhone synced together via iCloud except the office 1Password wich I sync via DropBox.
    I have tried resetting 1Password, and reinstalling 1Password - none of it works.
    Both the password.opvault an the shared .opvault is on DropBox.

• RobinManger
    RobinManger
    Community Member

Waow! I tried once more but this time I pointed to the shared .opvault and typed my password - and it worked!!!

To prevent any future missunderstanding - is there a way to change name on the .opvault file?

• RobinManger
    RobinManger
    Community Member

But... most of the passwords are missing...

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RobinManger

Thank you for getting back to us. If your passwords are missing we need to look at 1Password and see what's going on there. To do this I'd like to ask you to please send us a Diagnostics Report.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com (this is important so we can find your report much more easily).

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• RobinManger
    RobinManger
    Community Member

[#DRZ-38594-932]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I see that Laura has already replied via email, so we can continue the conversation there. Cheers! :)

ref: DRZ-38594-932

This discussion has been closed.