Limited preferences

BSD
BSD
Community Member

Hi,

I recently subscribed to 1Password, and I use it on my MacBook and iPhone.

I'd like to sync the passwords between the devices through wifi, but I don't seem to have the same preferences options that I have seen in your tutorial videos. Instead, I just have General, Security, Accounts, Watchtower, All Vaults, Browsers and Updates

Could somebody help with this? Is it because I'm still using the trial App or something?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @BSD! Welcome to 1Password, and I'm sorry for the confusion. Your subscription includes sync automatically with your account on 1Password.com, which does happen over WiFi if you think about it ;) All you need to do to sync your devices is sign in to your account in the apps there and you'll be good to go. Hope this helps!

• BSD
    BSD
    Community Member

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your reply.

Is this form of syncing as safe as other forms?

Thanks again!
    P.S. Loving the app so far!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BSD: Indeed, when you use 1Password, regardless of the setup you choose, your data is encrypted on your device, so all the server ever ends up with is an encrypted blob. And since Your Secret Key (F.K.A. Account Key) is created locally, your Master Password is only known by you, and neither is ever transmitted, no one — including AgileBits — has the means to decrypt the data. You can read more details on how all of this works in our white paper, and don't hesitate to ask any other questions you may have! :)

• BSD
    BSD
    Community Member

I'l give that a read! Thanks for the swift replies and keep up the good work/support :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words! We're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.