Autofill Password Not Working

adamcarter
adamcarter
Community Member

I have 1password mini running. 1. I go to site. 2. I click into a sign in input field. 3. I use the shortcode cmd + \ 4. Nothing happens.

I restarted my Mac, still same problem. Help, please.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• @adamcarter,

Are you attempting to fill in Google Chrome?

If so, please follow the instructions here to remedy the situation: https://support.1password.com/kb/201704/

Rudy

• adamcarter
    adamcarter
    Community Member

Thank you

• @adamcarter,

You're quite welcome, let us know if you have any other questions.

Rudy

• jaruzek
    jaruzek
    Community Member

Hi there, I'm on Chrome 57.0.2987.133 and am having the same problem. I removed the extension, restarted my browser and re-installed, however this did not remedy my problem. I'm using the Mac App Store version of 1Password. Thanks!

• @jaruzek As simple as it may sound, could you try restarting your computer to get things going fresh? I too am running 57.0.2987.133 and things are working properly with version 4.6.4.90 of the browser extension. Let us know if you're still having trouble after a restart.

• jaruzek
    jaruzek
    Community Member

Looks like I needed Allow access to file URLs checked. It works now.

• @jaruzek Ah interesting. Did you happen to be using a local file path in Chrome when the extension wasn't working before?

• jaruzek
    jaruzek
    Community Member

@Jacob I was just trying to login to Reddit, actually. It didn't submit the login but at least it filled in my credentials.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@jaruzek: Thanks for letting us know! While I'm glad it's filling for you, can you confirm the URL where you're having this issue, and that you have Autosubmit enabled in the app (Preferences > Browsers) and in your Reddit login? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.