Tried to download safari extension but get the box that says open in...

Options
hshelton
hshelton
Community Member

When I download the extension either my iPad or iPhone it doens't install; instead I get the Safari box asking if I want to open it as a document. How do I work around that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Tried to download safari extension but get the box that says open in...

Comments

• hshelton
    hshelton
    Community Member
    Options

IOS 9.3.5; latest 1password

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hshelton,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

There is no download for the extension on iOS. It is part of the 1Password for iOS app. Please see this guide for how to enable it:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Ben

• hshelton
    hshelton
    Community Member
    Options

the 1password extension isn't on Safari, so when I open the app and then go to Safari 1password is not in the list of activities.

• hshelton
    hshelton
    Community Member
    Options

when I hit the green button to install the extension safari I get the box that asks me to open as a document; it doesn't install on Safari. No problem on firefox.

• Ben
    Options

when I hit the green button to install the extension safari I get the box that asks me to open as a document; it doesn't install on Safari. No problem on firefox.

That isn't going to work on iOS. :)

the 1password extension isn't on Safari, so when I open the app and then go to Safari 1password is not in the list of activities.

What items are listed in the list of activities?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.