Usability: simplify filing in one-time password

Hi! Im keep my one-time passwords with 1Passwords, so when I login somewhere, I take current number from 1Password. The thing is, that the process is not quite usable. Here is how it looks step by step:
1) I open a site I'd like to log in to
2) I click command+\
3) Username and password auto fills
4) I click enter, the site proceeds and asks for 6 digit code (one-time password)
5) and this is where the workflow breaks: command+\ would auto fill normal password, not one-time one. So, I have to do the following
6) Click on 1Password mini in the menu above,
7) in the drop down mouse over on the item, then when the site card with all the data appears
8) click on copy to copy the one-time password
9) click back on the original site
10) paste the data and click enter

I wish there is a way to simplify steps 5-10 ;)

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@ezaritov: There is! We've actually already added support for automatically copying TOTP codes to the clipboard after filling a login in 1Password for Mac beta. Hopefully that will make it into a stable release eventually, and we'll see if we can find other ways of improving this in the future as well. Cheers! :)

• ezaritov
    ezaritov
    Community Member

@brenty any update on when the beta becomes live? would be nice to have this automatic copying things

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ezaritov: 6.8.BETA-4 was released a couple days ago. We've made some improvements there to avoid issues that had never affected me personally (wiping out the clipboard) but that I was glad to see nonetheless. :)

This discussion has been closed.