Cannot sync mac app with primary vault (285 items), it syncs with my personal vault (1 item) only

rhsusa
rhsusa
Community Member

I just setup the mac app and tried adding the account via the QR code and it added my personal vault which only contains one item. I tried to sync to my primary vault (which is synced to Dropbox) and I cannot get the logins to show up or sync to the mac app.

1Password Version: 6.5.4 on iPhone; 6.6.4 on Mac
Extension Version: none
OS Version: os x 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rhsusa: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! A Personal/Private vault is part of your 1Password.com account, and while there's no sync configuration necessary for that, you do need to be signed into that same account on each device to access the data. On the other hand, a Primary vault is a local vault stored on your device. It can be sync'd with Dropbox if you configure it to do so, and it is not part of your 1Password.com account. If you haven't already done so, you can move your data to your 1Password.com account so you won't need to configure sync settings any longer. Let me know where you're at and we'll get things setup for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.