iCloud sync question

vjcinajr
vjcinajr
Community Member

1Password Version 6.6.4 (664002) Mac App Store and IOS 10 1Password V 6.5.4.

I only have one vault - Primary.

On Mac Sync to iCloud.

On iPhone, sync to iCloud (same iCloud device and iCloud drive enabled).

Make a change to one entry on iPhone. Change does not show up on Mac.

iPhone 1Password has a 'Sync Now' button, which I used. Still, the change does not appear on Mac.
I quit 1Password on Mac and launch again (multiple times). Still no change. Mac 1password Preferences - Sync says last sync, 10 minutes ago, 20 minutes ago … etc. There is no 'Sync Now' for iCloud on the Mac.
I'm searching for a way to force 1Password on the Mac to sync NOW!

First question: Is there a way to force a sync on the Mac? Since there is no 'Sync Now' on the Mac, I just assumed that sync would happen automatically whenever changes occur. (as it does with other iCloud based services).

After 30+ minutes the 1Password on the Mac finally did sync with iCloud and the expected change did show up on the Mac.

Second question: Is this 30 minute or so delay in iCloud sync the expected behavior?

1Password Version: 6.6.4 (664002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.5 beta
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iCloud sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vjcinajr: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! What you're asking for simply isn't possible. While 1Password can tell iCloud it has data to sync (and you can tell 1Password to do this if you're impatient), 3rd party apps don't have any control over the sync service itself. All of this is handled behind the scenes by the OS and Apple's servers, and the APIs simply allow us to ask nicely for data and politely announce when we have more.

That said, there are a large number of factors involved, so I wouldn't even say that what you're experiencing is necessarily even related to iCloud itself. Software, hardware, and the OS itself on each end, along with your network environment and ISP can all be factors. For example, I and others don't seem to be experiencing similar issues, but then again I'm running the stable version of macOS, and perhaps everything else about my setup — apart from 1Password — is different from yours as well.

Have you tried restarting your Mac? Are you having the same issue on others running 10.12.4? Since the OS handles iCloud sync on the local device, this can be a huge factor. Are you having this issue just in one direction? It's easy to test by creating a new item on each device. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.