I am trying to set up 1Password on a Mac desktop. Isn't there supposed to be an app with an icon?

Apgarspa
Apgarspa
Community Member

I am trying to set up 1Password on a Mac desktop, iPad and iPhone. Isn't there supposed to be an app with an icon on the desktop? I've downloaded apps from the website after I set up master this and that, etc. but can't find an app for 1password. I searched. Since I'm adding things in manually (from Roboform data) 1Password keeps timing out at 10 minutes. Driving me nuts! So I looked up how to change the timeout/autolock and..... on my desktop I don't have a 1password to open. Think I must be getting to 1password from Safari.
I have downloaded the apps to my iPad and iPhone and I can see that all 39 of my initial entries are in the iPhone and iPad apps. But so far I haven't figured out how to get from the login to opening a webpage.

1. Is there a desktop app? Where do I find it?
  2. Once I have a login complete, how do I use it to get to my account on a website?

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: 4
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: ????? what does this mean?
Referrer: forum-search:1password won't download to MAC desktop

Comments

• Hey @Apgarspa! We'd be happy to help you get moving :) There is indeed an app for your Mac, as well as for your iPad and iPhone. You can learn how to install and start using them in this knowledge base article:

Set up the 1Password apps

Once you do that, you can use the 1Password browser extension on your Mac to save and fill passwords in your browser. You can do this on your iPad and iPhone as well. Here's our collection of articles on saving and using your passwords, addresses, and credit cards:

Saving, filling, and changing your passwords

Let us know if you have some questions along the way!

This discussion has been closed.