How can I restore all of the items in Trash without restoring them one at a time?

ErnieS
ErnieS
Community Member

I'm on a Mac with Sierra 10.12.4 and using 1password 6. I accidentally moved almost all of my passwords to Trash. How can I restore them all back out without doing it one at a time?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:move all items out of trash

Comments

• ErnieS
    ErnieS
    Community Member

I have an even bigger problem with moving things to and from Trash. I imported everything from Roboform, and all of my logins were tagged, as were my bookmarks. Somehow in trying to unsnarl things and manage my Tags, I wound up putting almost all of my logins in the Trash (over 1,700 of them). I thought, "No prob! I'll just restore!" Yikes! 1password only allows a single login to be restored at a time. Do I really have to spend several hours clicking on every single login to restore it back into a tag?

Further, the whole editing and managing of the tags is counterintuitive to me. I should be able to select a set of logins in the Trash and drag-and-drop it into a tag. But, this doesn't seem to work. Maybe somebody can point me to a step-by-step explanation of the workings of the left-hand panel of 1password.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ennie, and welcome to the forum!

Here's how you can restore multiple items from Trash:

• Select Trash in the sidebar.

• Select the items you want to restore.

• Select multiple items by holding down the Command key and selecting them. Select all items in a list by pressing Command-A.
    • Choose "Restore from Trash" from the Item menu.

All those items will now be restored back to where they originally were, along with any tags they had, before they were trashed.

Let us know if you run into any trouble with this and we'll help get it sorted out. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.