Master Password for 1Password on iPhone out-of-sync with MacBook Pro

Options
lhohm
lhohm
Community Member

I recently changed my master password for 1Password on my MacBook Pro, but my iPhone still requires the old password. I thought it would automatically sync, but apparently not. How do get them to sync?

MacBook Pro running OS 10.12.3
iPhone 5 running iOS 10.3.1

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: none
OS Version: MacBook 10.12.3, iPhone 10.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password on my iPhone is out-of-sync with 1Password on my MacBook Pro.

Comments

• lhohm
    lhohm
    Community Member
    Options

Correction: my sync method is via 1Password.com (not iCloud).

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lhohm,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. It sounds like one or both of your devices may have a local Primary vault. If a Primary vault exists it is not synced via 1Password.com and 1Password will use its Master Password to unlock.

On iOS you can check in 1Password under Settings > Vaults.
    On Mac you can check in 1Password under 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > check if "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" is checked

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• lhohm
    lhohm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your prompt reply. On my iPhone, 1Password shows 3 vaults: Primary, Personal, and OpenMarket. On my MacBook, I see only two vaults: Personal and OpenMarket. These vaults have the following items:
    Primary: 19 items
    Personal: 135 items on iPhone, 135 items on MacBook
    OpenMarket: 36 items on iPhone, 33 items on MacBook
    I want to maintain just two vaults, Personal and OpenMarket, and I want them to sync automatically via my 1Password account. How do I make that happen? Do I touch the "Start Syncing" options on my Primary vault on my iPhone?

Larry

• Ben
    Options

Larry,

Is the OpenMarket vault already part of your 1Password.com account (i.e. if you sign in on our website do you see that vault)?

If so I'd suggest moving the 19 items from the Primary vault on the iPhone to the appropriate account based vault, and then deleting the Primary vault.

Do not use the "start syncing" option -- this will not sync via your account.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.