Syncing between Mac and iPhone using iCloud

spritzdog
spritzdog
Community Member
edited April 2017 in Mac

I am using 1PW 6.6.4 on my Mac. I changed a pw on my iPhone yesterday and it still is not reflected on my mac. I use iCloud to backup and am using Sierra 12.12.4. is there a way to force sync?
Marc

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Sierra 12.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spritzdog,

Sorry to hear your changes aren't syncing! I'm sure we can help to figure this out.

Let's start by checking the sync settings to make sure they're set up properly:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Click the Sync tab and make sure iCloud is selected for your Primary vault.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, enable sync with iCloud by following the steps here: Sync with iCloud (Mac)

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is iCloud.
    • If it shows a different sync service or says Start Syncing, enable sync with iCloud by following the steps here: Sync with iCloud (iOS)

Let us know how it goes. If iCloud sync wasn't enabled on your Mac or iPhone, does enabling it solve the problem?

• spritzdog
    spritzdog
    Community Member

Drew it seemed to work. How often does the mac 1PW sync with ICloud?

• Hi @spritzdog ,

1Password will sync with iCloud when you unlock 1Password, switch to another vault (if you have more than one vault) or when a change is made to one of your items in your Primary vault.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.