Suddenly, one of my (two) vaults is missing - needed to open it manually from Dropbox folder

gernotstarke
gernotstarke
Community Member

1Password 6
Version 6.6.4 (664001)
AgileBits Store on MacOS 10.12.4

I am using two separate vaults since many month now (primary and "other")

Today the "other" vault disappeared from the Mac version of 1PW - is still available on my (WLAN-synced) iOS device.

I did NOT

• switch between AppStore and AgileBitStore version
  • changed sync options
  • manually deleted one of the vaults

I could open the missing vault from its Dropbox sync location, though...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:missing vault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gernotstarke,

Hmm, that's definitely a strange problem! I can't think of any reason why a secondary vault would suddenly just disappear from the 1Password app. When was the last time you remembered seeing the "other" vault on your Mac? Also, how did you notice it was missing? For example, did you click on the vault switcher in the top left corner of the main app window, or check the list of vaults in Preferences > Sync, or something else?

It sounds like you re-added that vault by double-clicking its sync file in the Dropbox folder on your Mac. Is it working correctly for you now?

• gernotstarke
    gernotstarke
    Community Member

Three days ago - second vault was "active" (could access it from Firefox browser addin). Closed laptop, didn't open for three days... yesterday, second vault gone...

Suggestion: close the issue... it has never happened before - and I've no idea how to replicate it...

thanx anyway, kind regards, Gernot

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm happy that it's working correctly for you now! Hopefully it all continues to work well from now on, but please let us know if you run into more problems or have any questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.