Newbie: Are there any plans to add a password letter picker

nickthorley
nickthorley
Community Member

I would like to have a longer and hence stronger password for my banking - ie 20 chars + however I need to have the function to quickly identify characters from their number ie character number 3, 5, 6. I quickly do this by counting on my fingers but if i was to do 20+ character passwords then this would be more difficult. Would it be possible to add a feature to onepassword where you can give it the character numbers and it gives you back the letter sequence?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nickthorley

What platform are you using 1Password on? We actually already have this in 1Password for Mac. If you hover over a password field you'll see a copy button pop up on the right hand side of the password. On the right side of that copy button is an arrow which you can click to reveal a menu which has the option for Large Type in it. Selecting that option will give you what you're looking for. :)

Ben

• nickthorley
    nickthorley
    Community Member

Ben, thanks - I did mean on android mobile but I have just tried on my mac and it is indeed there. I will use that if ever I have to reveal letters but having it on android would be nice, thanks

• Thanks! Hopefully we can bring this function to other platforms in the future. :)

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Does Android have a Notes section for passwords? I haven't used 1PW for Android.

If so, put the password in the notes but split up into groups of five. That way it is fairly easy to identify what position a character is in.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danco: It's not super convenient for this use case since it wasn't designed with this in mind (it's an extra tap to view an item's Notes field), but that's a great suggestion! Personally, I prefer grouping by fours because I'm used to that from so many other things, but that's the beauty of this hack: different strokes for different folks. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.