Is there a way to see the strength of my current Master Password?

Options
cliffordjay
cliffordjay
Community Member
edited April 2017 in Mac

Hi Forum,

I just got Dave Teare's new user email, "Keep In Sync: Choosing a Good Master Password" and so now I'm re-evaluating the master Password I've chosen. I still think it's pretty good but am curious about how it would be rated, like how 1Password shows a bar graph strength indicator for Login passwords. If I remember correctly, there may have been a gauge when I first entered the password.

Is there a way to check my active Master Password's strength, as measured by the app?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @cliffordjay - I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the newsletters :smile: Great question! I actually used this awesome guide when I chose a Master Password for my account, it might be useful for you too - https://support.1password.com/strong-master-password/

Open 1Password from any of your devices then click add new item, chose "Password" as the item type then type in your current Master Password to gauge the strength - just don't click save. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any further questions. :+1:

• cliffordjay
    cliffordjay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the speedy answer!

• Frank
    Options

You're welcome @cliffordjay, I'm glad the information helped :+1: Thank you for stopping by to ask a great question. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we're always more than happy to assist :smile: Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.