I need a hard copy print out of the data you have stored for Mac in case of crash!?

rgt1938
rgt1938
Community Member

How can I retrieve all my security password if needed? This concerns me deeply.
You have a nice layout on screen but what if I can't get to the screen?
If I have a hard copy printout I can store, I would be far more confident to continue using your software.
Thank you,
Royce Thomas

1Password Version: 6.6.4 (6640001)
Extension Version: 6.6.4
OS Version: 10 OS X 12.0
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I need a hard copy print out of the data you have stored for me in case of crash

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rgt1938,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! If I understand, you're worried about how you would access your 1Password data if the 1Password app stops working on your Mac, or if you are otherwise unable to access your Mac at all.

It looks like you sync your 1Password data via iCloud. Do you sync that to 1Password on other Macs or iOS devices? If so, you can continue to access 1Password on those other Macs/iOS devices even if you lose access to the first Mac. Or if you don't use it on other devices and your Mac becomes broken/lost/stolen, you can restore everything to a new Mac if you have a backup of the old one. If you don't have a backup of your Mac, you can install 1Password on a new Mac (or iOS device) and sync your data from iCloud as long as you know your Apple ID username and password.

Alternately, if you happen to use a 1Password.com account (or if you switch to one), your 1Password data will be automatically synced and backed up by our servers. You can sign into your account from 1Password on another device, or you can even access your account data from 1Password.com in a web browser.

But if you'd like to print your 1Password data on paper, you can do that too. Open and unlock the main 1Password app on your Mac, select All Items in the left sidebar, and go to Edit > Print from the menu bar.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.