Websites that have first/ last name etc. as login

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I need to log on to a website that has a number, first/ last name, dob as username and password. How do I add this to 1password? Should i create a new login entry? what should be username and password? And should I do custom field for the other fields?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@henders: In almost every case, the best way to setup a login is to save it with the 1Password browser extension. Usually 1Password will offer to save it automatically, but you can also save the login manually so you can easily fill it later:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

That way 1Password can save more information about the page to help it fill in the future — including the different fields there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, tried that and it only saves the URL and the member number and not the names and dob. Do I have to add them manually in custom fields?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I have resolved this issue by creating the custom fields

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Just keep in mind that while it's definitely useful to store that information, 1Password can't fill data from custom fields — it simply won't know what to do with them. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.