Save new Login [buymeapie.com — known issue]

pawo
pawo
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Every now and then the automatic Login saving on a new web-site account doesn't work - not clear at all as to the why. However, in such case I used in the past the manual Safe New Login function in the browser extension. When I try this with the actual 6.6.406 it doesn't work at all. When I fill in the username and the password at the site login and then click on the according menu item in the browser extension simply nothing happens.
Also having then tried to manually create a Login entry in the 1PW main program doesn't work. When I create it with the webaddress, the username and the password it will only insert the username but not the password.
I have a concrete example here of a website account where currently with all my experience in 1PW I am not able at all creating a working login. Maybe you guys can try and let me know what I am doing wrong:
https://app.buymeapie.com/#login
Thanks a lot. pw

1Password Version: 6.6.406
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: Windows 10 - 15063.138
Sync Type: Family Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pawo: Thanks for reaching out. I highly doubt you're doing anything wrong at all! If you mean that 1Password isn't prompting you to save when logging into a new website, that's very specific to the site itself. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience there, and can definitely see how that would be confusing. When you encounter this at other sites, please let us know the URL so we can see if there are ways we can make 1Password better at detecting it.

buymeapie.com in particular however is a particularly difficult one. For example, I find that that URL doesn't reliably take me to a login form in most cases. So that will most likely always be an obstacle, if 1Password can't take you directly to the login form in the first place. We have an open issue for the login saving and filling issues here already but haven't yet been able to find a solution. It isn't currently possible for the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app to even manually save a login there (though this often helps on other sites), but given that no versions of 1Password are able to detect the login overlay to fill there either, that's what we need to figure out first. So for now the only way to do it is create a login item in 1Password by hand, and copy and paste the credentials from 1Password mini. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you, but we'll see if we can find a way of doing this in the future.

ref: OPX-896

• MikeT
    edited April 2017

Hi @pawo,

Just an update, the issue is that the site doesn't have a password field, so saving didn't work as the result. For future references, you can usually tell by the fact that entering the PIN didn't get converted to asterisks.

We're a bit careful about how we detect saving because if we just allow any open fields without a password type, you'd be seeing Auto-Save dialogs on Google search page all the time.

We're looking into adjusting our algorithms to detect these pages with no password type.

• pawo
    pawo
    Community Member

Thanks a lot for the explanations, both! Now I understand the issue and will copy paste from 1Password mini into the log-in fields. Fortunately this is a rare problem and now I can detect myself as to why it doesn't work...and actually don't want it to work in the case of an open PIN or password field. Have a good weekend. pw

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

You're welcome! Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience there. Thanks for your understanding while we try to find a better solution for the future. Have a great weekend!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I sent in a support request to BuyMeAPie - this has been an issues for a few years. I suggest everyone sends in a support message to ask for better login page/password support.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Not a fan of the PIN myself, among other things. :unamused:

This discussion has been closed.