Vaults do not sync, why?

aluchini
aluchini
Community Member

I have switched from my personal 1Password desktop app to the online Family 1Password for the trial period. I am frustrated! Having read and re-read everything I can find, I still cannot determine whether or not my shared vault will sync with items I copied from my private vault. I had copied a number of items from the private vault to the shared vault and then made some changes in the private vault BUT those changes to do not show up in the shared vault. As a result, I have to remember the changes and make them in the shared vault as well. This makes the app fairly useless for me unless someone can help me figure out what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions? Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aluchini: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Each vault is completely discrete, so data in your Personal/Private vault is separate from data in the Shared vaults, etc. After all, if you wanted something shared, you'd put it in a Shared vault an not the Personal/Private vault which only you can access! It sounds like you're simply making separate copies of items to put in the Shared vault, but based on your description it seems like what you really want to do is move the items you want to share there instead of having more than one in different places. Does that help?

• aluchini
    aluchini
    Community Member

Hmmm! Yes, I guess it does. Just need to think differently about how I use this. Thank you very much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aluchini: You're very welcome! Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions you might have. We're here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.