To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My trial has expired?

nikcbhp
nikcbhp
Community Member
edited April 2017 in Memberships

Surprised, like many, to see that the software I purchased in 2014 all of a sudden does not work and a 'trial' that I never signed up for has run out. And my workday is disrupted...

I've spent plenty of time figuring out what my options are: A $65 standalone version that works on one computer (generous) or a $3 a month subscription. I'd probably be down for either if it weren't for the confusing roll out of this new pricing model (look around, people ARE confused), the claims that after upgrading, accounts become FROZEN (unacceptable, even for a day), and also some of the downright arrogant response from staffers on here.

So for now, I'm off to Lastpass, which granted isn't as sleek, but at least their pricing model is easy to understand.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nikcbhp,

If you're seeing a "frozen" message it is because you signed up for a 1Password membership account recently, and have not created a subscription for that account. If you don't need/want an account, you don't have to have one. You can read about what an account gets you here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you purchased a license that is still valid, and you can use the version of 1Password you purchased (without an account, which is a subscription service). We'd be happy to help you do that, if you'd like. Please shoot us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77988/ ) and your purchase details and we'll get you sorted out. When you send the email you'll get an auto-response from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that here so we can expedite your request.

Thanks!

Ben

P.S. Licenses are limited to one person, not one device. They are also version and platform limited though, which is one of the major advantages of a subscription.

• Hey @nikcbhp! I just saw your email in our inbox and replied. Hope we can get things fixed up :) Talk to you soon.

ref: AMZ-85762-458

• nikcbhp
    nikcbhp
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Thanks Jacob. This solved my problem.

Sorry for the freak out. I was a little agitated that I couldn't find a clear answer on this site. Jacob's response fixed my problem.

This is for anyone who purchased 1Password 4 but happens to running 1Password 6:

It doesn't sound like this is about the subscription model, it sounds like you may have installed a different version of 1Password from the one you purchased. Did you happen to get 1Password from the Mac App Store? If so, it’ll be registered under whichever Apple ID you normally use to make purchases there. We don't have access to that information — only Apple does. You can install the app again, though, and you should be good to go:

1. Open the App Store app on your Mac and click on the Purchases tab.

2. Look for 1Password in the list. When you find it, download it.

3. Open your Applications folder and run the "1Password.app" once (not the "1Password 6.app"). It might show a lock screen, or a "welcome" screen, and it doesn't matter which it is. Once you see either of those windows, quit the app again by clicking 1Password -> Quit 1Password.

4. Move "1Password.app" to the Trash. Don't use an app cleaner, just move the app to the Trash.

5. Open "1Password 6.app" and unlock like you normally would.

• Hi @nikcbhp - On behalf of Jacob you're very welcome. I'm happy to hear you're back up and running using 1Password. Let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.