Add myself to someone else's shared vault?

G_Force
G_Force
Community Member

I have a families account with my mother and father. My mother and I are family organizers and my father is a family member. My mother wanted to create a shared vault just between herself and my father. This is for things like joint memberships and bank accounts - things that other family members (like me) should not have access to.

As a family organizer, I can see that she has created a shared vault with my father in the vault list. If I click this vault in the vault list and select manage, it is possible for me to click the green checkmark and add access permissions for myself to see the vault's contents.

This seems wrong to me. If I am not the creator of the vault, I should not be able add myself and be able to see its contents, even if I am a family organizer. I would not want other family organizers to add themselves to my vaults that I didn't share with them either.

Am I missing something here?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@G_Force: As the family Organizer (an administrative role), you have the ability to invite, create, share, and manage permissions for everyone. The only thing you can't do is access members' Personal/Private vaults. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. It's something we can consider going forward, but there are also plenty of reasons why it could be important that an Organizer have this ability. Thanks for the feedback on this!

This discussion has been closed.