Finnish strings?

terencegordon
terencegordon
Community Member

Not a question. FYI. 1Password6 6.7.1 under MacOS 10.12.4 on an MBPro 2016 13" with touch bar. English/Irish-Extended keyboards. Preferences shows "Pääsalasana vaaditaan:" - I assume Finnish - for what I also assume is the frequency of validation of Touch ID.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.4
Sync Type: Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:Finnish

Comments

• @terencegordon,

I checked in https://crowdin.com/project/1password-for-ios-and-osx/fi# and it appears that the string in question is mapped to "Require Master Password every".

Rudy

• terencegordon
    terencegordon
    Community Member

More Finnish strings showing up in an English installation - this time on the pop-up to authenticate the Safari browser extension. Localization gone awry or väärällä?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @terencegordon,

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Are you saying your Mac is set to English in System Preferences > Language & Region, but some strings in 1Password are in Finnish? If so, are those stings still in Finnish after rebooting your Mac?

• terencegordon
    terencegordon
    Community Member

Yes. My language preferences are set to English (Canada) - Primary and Gaeilge. They have never been set to Finnish. I just rebooted and the same Finnish string shows up in 1Password6 > Preferences > Security. I also removed the Safari extension and reloaded a copy from -- the source that permits automatic updates (I've forgotten the name. The same Finnish strings show up in the Authorization pop-up.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @terencegordon! I've asked about this, and one of our developers has an idea about how this may have happened, so it definitely sounds like a bug on our end. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for bring it to our attention! :)

• terencegordon
    terencegordon
    Community Member

No problem! Love the product

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for saying so, I'm happy to hear you love 1Password! :)

This discussion has been closed.