1password won't install on mac - says not enough space when there is...

natalieturner30
natalieturner30
Community Member

I've just signed up for a subscripton account trial, having been using 1password as a standalone app on my phone.

I've now lost access to my phone (it's in a reboot crisis) and can't' access any of my important passwords until I get it repaired or replaced. SO ti thought i'd sign up online so i had better access, and also thinking i might be able to get the information imporated from that app.

Howev'er the app 6.7.1 downloads fine, but when it opens and I start to install it, it says it can't be installed on the disc, and that it needs 114.2 MB to install (my mac has 136GB free right now).

I'm at a loss as how to move on. I have a 4.3.1 installed on my mac, as that was one i played with a couple of years ago before going down the standalone route. But that doesn't seem to do anything when I open it, i'm at a loss really. Could that be the problem?

I don't have the extension, I don' think i do anyway. Nothing is feeling very intuitive about this whole process I have to say. I'm not an expert but I can usually find my way around issues and this has me foxed.

Natalie

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password won't install

Comments

• Hi @natalieturner30,

Thanks for writing in. I think the actual problem is that you can't install 6.7.1 on your computer. Which might be running 10.9.5.

1Password 6 requires at least 10.10 in order to function. I will put this on my list of things to check, it shouldn't let you get far enough to show any of the install information.

Rudy

• natalieturner30
    natalieturner30
    Community Member

Hi Rudy, thanks for your kind reply, that seems to be exactly what's happening. How then do I use 1password on my mac? Any suggestions?

thanks
    Natalie

• natalieturner30
    natalieturner30
    Community Member

Oops no - i've figured that out, i must have been having a brain blip the other day. I'll work on the earlier version and see where it gets me
    Natalie

• Can I ask why it is that your Mac is still on 10.9? Does your Mac support 10.10 or newer?

Rick

This discussion has been closed.