Extensions not working

Options
Joel_Carpenter
Joel_Carpenter
Community Member
edited May 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi There, I am part of a family license with the standalone account, so I am having to use 1Password 4, which is generally fine, but I've just joined a new company and I can't get the browser extensions to work. I've requested the localhost change for the Sophos Endpoint Protection they use here, and that's been done, but I'm still getting an error that the helper is not running on both Firefox and Chrome.

Is there anything else that might be blocking it? The windows firewall is disabled as well, so it's not that. I'm running a local vault, so it must be something on my PC, right?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the extension and the Windows app.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: Win 10 (1607)
Sync Type: Local vault in Dropbox

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Joel_Carpenter,

Welcome to the Forum, hopefully we can help get you and and running. If the Sophos Anti Virus has been configured correctly then the second most common way it can fail is that a proxy, VPN or privacy app is being used on your computer. Would you know if you have anything like that running?

If you don't have any of those installed, we can take a look through a Diagnostics Report for your PC to see if I can spot anything that might be the issue. The following guide will show you how to create a Diagnostics Report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• Joel_Carpenter
    Joel_Carpenter
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Matthew - I've submitted the diagnostic report and have Support ID #KPE-93746-374

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers, Joel

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Joel_Carpenter: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: KPE-93746-374

This discussion has been closed.