Where is the data from the Family Safe stored?

Options
TiRohn
TiRohn
Community Member

Hi there
I am not sure whether this is written somewhere, though through the search I didn't find any answer to this particular question. When I used the "personal" version of 1Password, I was able to choose where my safe file gets stored (like Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive or local). How does this work with the vaults in the Family version?
Thanks and regards
TiRohn

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TiRohn,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. With 1Password.com accounts, including 1Password Families accounts, a 3rd party sync service is not used. All of your data is accessible simply by signing into your account.

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

With a 1Password account, there’s no complicated third-party sync setup. Everything syncs instantly with your account and is available on all your devices across every platform.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• TiRohn
    TiRohn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

Thanks for the response, though this is not completely answering my question. I know that I don't have to tingle around with any sync setup, and I'm happy to get my stuff working with my account, I am using now the Windows Beta App since a while, accessing my vault also from time to time from my other mobile devices and finally got my family using it as well. What I wanted to know is, where is my data stored on your side (or my account), is this a AWS service, is it some server that you're managing in the Netherlands or in the US, or what is it technically spoken?

Thanks and regards
    TiRohn

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@TiRohn

From the 1Password white paper

"How is your data stored
    1Password For Teams presently stores all database information using an Amazon Web Services Aurora database instance."

You can read a great deal more info from the 1Password White Paper

• TiRohn
    TiRohn
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower
    Thanks very much for your response, this is definitely answering my question now, I knew it's written somewhere, but I couldn't find it myself... (blush)

KR
    TiRohn

• Frank
    Options

Hi @TiRohn - It's great to hear from you and I'm glad thightower was able to provide you with the link to our White Paper. It's definitely a good read. You can also read a little more here (cliff note version) - https://support.1password.com/1password-security/

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask and we'l be happy to help out :smile:

This discussion has been closed.