2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper wants to use the "iCloud" keychain.

NatashaDelCardo
NatashaDelCardo
Community Member

I keep getting multiple simultaneous windows with this message. I don't know why this is or what it means, I keep killing them and eventually they leave me alone and 1P runs fine. Teensy bit worried someone trying to steal password. I have 6.7.1, 2016 MBP, Sierra 10.12.4. Looked in forum, not able to find. Thank you so much for any help!

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Don't know, sorry!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NatashaDelCardo,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! The message you described is one that comes from macOS, and doesn't mean that something is trying to steal a password. It's a bit of an odd issue, but we've heard of similar messages before, so I'm sure we can figure out what's going on.

It looks like you're using one of the newer models of MacBook Pro - does it have Touch ID? If so, are you using Touch ID with 1Password? That might be related to the message you're getting, because 1Password for Mac stores its Touch ID secret in the iCloud Keychain. It shouldn't keep asking you for the keychain password, though.

You can find another forum discussion about a very similar problem/message here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/72951/frequently-asked-to-unlock-local-items-keychain-before-touch-id-authentication

A couple customers in that thread found solutions to the problem. I don't know for sure if the same solutions they described will work for you, but it might be worth trying them to see if they help.

Please let us know about Touch ID and if anything in that other discussion helps, and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.