Anyone found a way to script an export capability for 1Password?

Options
klieber
klieber
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Lounge

Since a Linux client seems like a ways off, I'm trying to find some sort of stop-gap solution. I've started using Enpass on Linux and it works acceptably for my needs. However, it introduces version control problems since there's no easy way to keep my Enpass and 1Password repositories synchronized.

I'm more than willing to use 1Password as the "master" repository and use Enpass effectively as a read-only repository on Linux, but to do that, I need some sort of way of scripting the export out of 1Password so I can refresh the Enpass vault on an ongoing basis.

Has anyone ever done anything like this successfully?

AgileBits Update, 6-Jul-2017:

Hello everyone! We've started beta testing a new addition to our 1Password family: a brand new Chrome extension made especially for our Linux and Chrome OS users! To learn about how you can be invited to this private beta testing, please see this announcement:

A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users

Cheers! :smile:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @klieber,

While I'm not aware of a single solution for this, I think you could chain a few things together.

• Setup 1Password for Mac to sync to an AgileKeychain or OPVault file
    • Use one of the many utilities out there that can read data from those formats
    • Extract the fields you need and transform it into the new file format you need.

We do our best to document our formats so that the data doesn't get trapped in them. It's your data and you should always have access to it.

I hope this helps.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.