Chrome Code Signature problem persisting

Options
JRichardson
JRichardson
Community Member

Hello there. Am running:

2015 Macbook pro
OSX Sierra 10.12
Chrome Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit) (up to date)

Have run Malware Bytes (nothing found)
Restarted browser
Removed extensions
Restarted computer

But am still receiving the

Cannot fill google chrome - code signature could not be verified modal popup warning. What else can I do to resolve this problem?

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 520032
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JRichardson: There are at least three likely causes given your description:

1. Chrome's code signature is actually invalid because of a pending update, or because the app is damaged.
    2. Chrome's code signature cannot be verified by 1Password because some other software is interfering.
    3. You're using an outdated version of 1Password that doesn't support the latest Chrome signature.

Paradoxically, I'd actually start with #3 since if you have a valid license for 1Password 5, 1Password 6 is a free upgrade for you anyway, and will allow you to take advantage of all of the improvements we've made to 1Password in the two years since 5.3. You can get it here:

1Password downloads

But if it still isn't working after installing the new version and restarting your Mac, then we need to take a close look at those other two. Let me know what you find!

• JRichardson
    JRichardson
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty That worked, thanks very much. I didn't realise there was a free upgrade. Much appreciated.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! I'm glad that solved the problem. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you need more help with 1Password, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.