How can I remove files from my 1 password trash?

John_Walker
John_Walker
Community Member

How do I remove files from my 1 password trash?

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS SIERRA
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I remove files from 1 password trash?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

@John_Walker

1. Select the trash in the left hand column, then right click on the trash and select empty trash.

or

2. From the menubar select "1Password 6" scroll down to empty trash.

If I/you use option 2. I just tried it and it appears to empty the trash for all vaults.

I persoanlly prefer option 1 as I have always used it and it is selectable from each vault. For example you can empty the trash from vault "a" and not "b".

Hey 1Password folks, you all may wish to make a text change to that warning when using the menubar in that it removes the trash from "all" vaults. I know you have had some users store items in the trash. Not good or suggested I know, but It may be worth a rethink ?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @John_Walker,

I hope thightower's answer was helpful for you! Just in case your question was about how to restore items from the Trash (instead of permanently deleting them), you can do that by selecting an item in the Trash and click the Restore button at the bottom of that item (or go to Item > Restore from Trash).

If you have more questions, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thightower,

I just tested this and the 'Empty Trash' menu option only empties the Trash of the vault I'm currently viewing. Could you have been in the 'All Vaults' view when you did that? If so, it would have emptied the Trash for all vaults that are included in that view (it works the same way if you right click on Trash and choose Empty Trash when in All Vaults).

If you find that it's working differently for you, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@Drew_AG

LOL you got me, (hangs head) I seldom if ever leave the all vault view now, and well all I can say is you got me.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

As Drew mentioned.

Just in case your question was about how to restore items from the Trash (instead of permanently deleting them), you can do that by selecting an item in the Trash and click the Restore button at the bottom of that item (or go to Item > Restore from Trash).

And to restore multiple items from Trash, see my post about that over here. :)

This discussion has been closed.